Wednesday 16 October 2013

RSGB Convention

I spent two days at the RSGB Convention this year.  Most of the time was spent manning the RSGB Contest Committee stand with a steady stream of visitors.  Due to the RSGB "policy" of issuing multiple conflicting programmes, I unfortunately missed the talk on surface mount construction.  However, I did just manage to get into a very packed room for Sam's talk on his new 70MHz transverter - very impressive.

However, the main reason for attending was to collect the Surrey Trophy for winning the Open section of VHFNFD with the highest ever overall score.  Rather than attending the formal dinners, the Pembrokeshire Contest Group and the Tiverton (SW) Club organised their own dinner at the Shoulder of Mutton - just up the road from Horwood House.


The Surrey Trophy winning team of: Martin, GW3XJQ; Nigel GW0IRW; Peter GW4VRO; Tim G4FJK; Irene; Dale G3XBY, me; Stewart GW0ETF; Steve GW0GEI.  Unfortunately Gordon GW6TEO could not attend.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Roger,
    Saw your c/s in NFD results - thought you had retired from contesting. I'm still in Malvern but with many changes - do you still have my 144MHz PA PSU (not that I need it)?
    How about a catch up? 73 Steve GFX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve - replied to your email address may not have worked?
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Blimey – hello stranger !!!! Got two hits from you in last 24 hours – from Mike at the radio club and you also managed to find my blog!

      I thought I’d nearly retired from /P contesting but two years ago I was contacted by one of the Pembrokeshire lot who persuaded me to resurrect the 70 cms station which had been dormant in the loft for over 10 years. I’ve actually done a few events this year.

      Yes, the GFX power supply is still in the garage – probably a couple of years since it was last tried.

      I could be persuaded to have a beer! I think Mike has given you the radio club dates, otherwise I’m generally around during the week in the evenings, or depending what you are doing these days I’m also available at lunchtimes.

      CU soon
      Roger

      Delete