Sunday 21 July 2013

"Portable" in the back garden

I never got my act together for the 4m Trophy contest and I haven't got an antenna at home.  So ....... time to erect a temporary antenna.
This is the G0KSC 6m/4m 4+4 element design carefully modelled and tweaked to work with 9.5mm tube elements rather than the original 12.5mm elements.  Seen here on a 20 foot scaffold pole surrounded by houses and trees.  GB3ANG was audible throughout the weekend.

The contest started with a band with Sporadic-E into eastern Europe.  In the first hour 8 QSOs were made into HA, OK, S5 and 9A.  Tropo conditions were average and certainly favoured those in the North.  Forty one contacts were made in the first 4 hours and then the antenna was removed to make way for the BBQ !!

1 comment:

  1. Tropo conditions were the best I have heard on 4m in 30 years. I didn't know there were so many OZ and PA stations QRV. It was good to work both GJ and GU too.
    73
    Allan
    GM4ZUK/P

    ReplyDelete